Facebook for Content Marketers?
Just stumbled upon a great post which speaks about micro-conversions. These “conversions” are typically actions visitors on your site can take which allow you to build connections with them. Instead of just tracking a Purchase or a Lead Form Completion – here are 5 micro-conversions that you should start measuring:
Just read an awesome post on Copyblogger.com about the issues with Facebook, and the misnomer of people thinking that Facebook should be their businesses home base.
Copyblogger calls this “digital sharecropping” – which is the dangerous practice of building your online business on someone else’s virtual land.
The article goes through 3 things that one should keep in mind when deciding on using Facebook to promote your business.
- Facebook owes you nothing
- Understand WHY people USE the platform
- Facebook is an outpost, not your home base
On a related note: I found another cool article off of Twitter:
Facebook reveals the 4 factors that decide News Feed content | Articles | Home ow.ly/frncp
— Sandra Fernandez (@SandraSays) November 28, 2012
That talks about the 4 factors that decide what shows up in your newsfeed on Facebook.
“If you interacted with an author’s posts before: If you ‘like’ every post by a page that Facebook shows you, it will show you more from that page.
“Other people’s reactions to a specific post: If everyone else on Facebook shown a post ignores it or complains, it’s less likely to show you that post.
“Your interaction with posts of the same type in the past: If you always ‘like’ photos, there’s a better chance you’ll see a photo posted by a page.
“If that specific post has received complaints by other users who have seen it, or the page who posted it has received lots complaints in the past, you’ll be less likely to see that post. This factor became a lot more prevalent starting in September 2012.”
This further sheds light on what you have to deal with when entering the Facebook space for your business.
How are you planning on dealing with Facebook in 2012
- The Strategic Advantage of Google Ads Before SEO: A Key to Early Confidence in Digital Marketing
- Podcast: Taking a Deeper Dive Into Digital Marketing | Profiting With Non Profits
- Optidge’s “The Digital Marketing Mentor” Podcast Strikes Gold and Silver at the 2023 Davey Awards
- Mandy Politi, Optidge Senior SEO Strategist, Presenting “Using Linguistics To Create Content That Ranks” at State of Search 2023 in Dallas/Fort Worth
- Podcast: How to Level Up in Client Management | Inbound Back Office Podcast