How Do You Know If Your Competition is Watching You?
Google Analytics is a wonderful tool! Besides for page views and visitors, it often can tell you which of your competitors are visiting, or some might say, snooping around your website.
I recently ran into one of these situations. I work with an online jewelry company and one of their main competitors has been ‘snooping’ around Optidge – I guess they need help with their Social Media lol – Well they came to the right place!!
In the picture below.. you will see that one is able to filter information by Service Provider. Often one will see Comcast, AT&T or Verizon – but sometimes one will get lucky and more info will be shown – like the name of your competition, or in this unique case, your competition’s sister company. (Note: You can also double check this by also looking at the “City” Dimension – to make sure the visit is coming from the suspect’s city.)
I hope this little trick can help you monitor your competition and continue to raise the bar, because you know what, if they are watching you must be doing something good…
- Podcast: What you need to know about GA4 | Product Market Fit
- Podcast: How to Create a Winning Digital Marketing Strategy | Inspired by Purpose
- Podcast: Leading a Digital Marketing Agency with Danny Gavin | Skybound Leadership
- Podcast: Tangible Business Growth | Agency Connect
- 2023 Top 3 Digital Marketing Trend Predictions