20 steps to On-Page Optimization for Ecommerce Websites
I’m always looking for great On-Page Optimization checklists, especially since quite a few E-commerce projects have fallen into my lap. Here is a great article that provides optimization recommendations for 15 areas on every product or category page on an E-commerce site.
Back in 2009 (was it really that long ago?!) Rand wrote a post titled Perfecting Keyword Targeting and On-Page Optimization,which is one of the most popular blog posts on SEOmoz. It is still referenced as much today as it was back in 2009. The core principles haven’t changed that much, but there are some new additions to an SEO’s toolkit when it comes to on-page optimization. Today I want to focus on what these new additions are in relation to eCommerce websites…
The article covers the following 20 areas:
- Customer Reviews – if you don’t have them, get some!
- Product Videos – we live in a video age
- Dealing with Pagination and SEO
- Microdata markup and Schema.org – make those stars shine in your SERP listing
- Q&A Content – Google loves user generated content
- Social sharing buttons
- Page Speed
- Open graph tags
- Search options
- Call to Action – make sure it is CLEAR… you are spending a lot of money on traffic, but is your existing traffic converting?
- Trust Signals – how would you feel walking into a Doctor’s Office with no credentials?
- Breadcrumbs – the GPS to your site
- Meta Title – for large E-commerce sites, these will need to be generated automatically.
- Meta Description
- Product Description
- Page URL
- H1 tags
- Phone Number -“If you can provide a phone number, do it. Not only to help in terms of customer support, but also as another trust signal.”
- Company Details
For More Details Check out:Perfecting On-Page Optimization for Ecommerce Websites | SEOmoz.
- 2023 Top 3 Digital Marketing Trend Predictions
- Podcast: Together – Optidge | An Agency Story
- Podcast: Divine Providence and Digital Marketing | Jewish Money Matters
- Podcast: Generating Linkedin Ad Leads for Medical Devices at $100 | Garlic Marketing Show
- When Google Takes Meta Data Into Its Own Hands