Podcast: Does Learning SEO Require a Formal Course?
Does Learning SEO Require a Formal Course?
Danny Gavin joins the SEO Rant Podcast to share his outlook on SEO education:
- The current state of formal SEO education
- Why SEO education has to be hands-on
- How to get the most out of an SEO course
Do You Need to Go to School to Learn SEO? – Episode Synopsis
SEO has traditionally been something folks have gotten into indirectly and with a lot of on-the-job training. As the industry has grown, university-level SEO courses (as part of a larger digital marketing program) have popped up all over. The question is, can you learn SEO in a classroom?
While having formal SEO courses is testimony to the SEO industry’s place in the marketing world, abstract knowledge is not the best route. As it stands now, most of these college courses don’t offer much by way of hands-on experience. A lot of the nuance that comes with doing SEO is related to a site’s circumstances which only is picked up with actual experience.
That means when you are looking to learn SEO and are going to take a course (either online or as part of a degree program) you want to make sure it includes real-world experience. Much the way a nursing program has a clinical, you need to make sure your SEO learning experience has an “SEO clinical” of sorts.
- Podcast: How to Level Up in Client Management | Inbound Back Office Podcast
- Podcast: What you need to know about GA4 | Product Market Fit
- Podcast: How to Create a Winning Digital Marketing Strategy | Inspired by Purpose
- Podcast: Leading a Digital Marketing Agency with Danny Gavin | Skybound Leadership
- Podcast: Tangible Business Growth | Agency Connect